Listen up, Y’all!
This Producer’s southern charm, theatrical expertise, and stylish influences accent each of his glamorous events! Here’s your weekly dose of 20 Questions in 60 Seconds with Event Producer, Collin Hardy Duwe!
1. What three traits define you?
Sassy, sincere, and I’m pretty cool!
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Never fake it ‘til you make it—know who you are, and present your true value!
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Iced coffee…but also, golden retriever Instagram accounts. Look at that little nugget!
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Moving from Texas to Chicago, or trying to grow this beard.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
Sharks? Or snakes. Shark-snakes?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Go to Target.
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
TARGET! No, I lived in Toronto for a bit, so I’d go back there in a heartbeat, but I also love Cabo.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
Well, I used to be a performer for a cruise ship line. I worked for Disney Cruise Lines, and I was a pretty famous character!
Well, I can’t tell you! I’m signed and sworn to secrecy. Plus, the Mouse Mafia is actually real—they’re probably watching!
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
Instagram! Follow me: @collinduwe
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
Okay, I’ve been watching these, and everyone says either the internet or the cellphone. And those are wrong. I mean, they’re right…but they’re wrong, you know? Scott…it’s Beyoncé’s solo career! Tell me I’m wrong. I mean, tell me I’m wrong, Scott!
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
I don’t know—I feel like I might have a spirit squad, being Dolly Parton, Karen Walker, Mindy Kaling, and Beyoncé Knowles.
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
“Y’all,” “all y’all,” and “catywompus!” This is where you’ll use your video magic to do a pop up video of the definition…
Why don’t you just tell us?
…Okay, ma’am! Catywompus: It’s wrong, it’s messed-up… it’s all catywompus, y’all!
17. How do y’all define success?
Success is a moving target. If you think you’re successful, then you’ve stopped pushing yourself.
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
Oh, I don’t know. I try to read a book a week. Last night, I started What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton.
19. Why events? There are so many great careers out there!
Because I’m a creative control freak with a short attention span?
20. What excites you most at Kehoe Designs?
There’s not much we can’t do. Plus, I’m super excited to see you answer the 20 Questions one day, Scott!
Stylish variety and theatrical passion bolster the designs of this vibrant chameleon of the event world. From boots and spurs to tux and tails, Collin brings his genuine southern flare and instant rapport to every project.