Position Overview | The Big Picture
The Driver/Event Installer is responsible for driving the company vehicles to and from events, client, vendor and venue locations, transporting staff and making pick-ups and deliveries. The Driver/Event Installer is also responsible for loading and unloading event décor cargo, and setting up and striking (taking down) the event décor. (Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal)
Traits for Success | #keepyoureyesontheroad
- Safety minded and not heavy footed on the gas pedal.
- On time.
- Able to get around town efficiently.
- Good with driving logs.
- Able to transport people safely. Seat belts first!
- Good team player.
Essential Duties | What You’ll Do – The Fun Stuff
- Drives company vehicles to and from events, client, vendor and venue locations on schedule and on time.
- Transports staff, and makes pick-ups and deliveries on schedule and on-time.
- Loads and unloads vehicles as necessary.
- Responsible for making sure all cargo is secured according to safety guidelines to prevent injury, damage and breakage.
- Follows all U.S. Department of Transportation, (USDOT), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and state guidelines for driver eligibility, fitness for duty, vehicle usage and rules of the road.
- Responsible for the safety and security of vehicle and passengers according to company, state and federal guidelines, including: parking the vehicle legally and in safe locations, securing the vehicle properly, and not allowing unauthorized use or passengers.
- Completes required USDOT/FMSCA driving logs accurately and on time.
- Completes vehicles inspections and reports according to established guidelines. Monitors vehicle performance and repairs; reports vehicle maintenance needs to management.
- Maintains interior of vehicles to keep it clean and uncluttered according to department standards.
- Loads and unloads props, furniture, floral products and other event décor onto vehicles and trucks for delivery to clients, venues and to return products to Kehoe Designs.
- Packs and unpacks props, furniture, floral products and other event décor.
- Prepares, assembles, installs and uninstalls portable bars, furniture, fabric backdrops, chuppahs, and other room décor throughout the event venue. May install products in entryways, on ceilings, floors, walls and columns.
- May install and uninstall lighting fixtures to include: pin spots, dazzlers, lekos, par-cans, up lights, and rope lighting.
- Returns props, furniture, floral products and other event décor to appropriate locations for storage.
- Works carefully to minimize damage and breakage of products.
- Sweeps and removes debris from event venues to ensure venue is left clean and without damage.
Qualifications | What You Need to Bring
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 2-4 years of driving experience preferred.
- Up to 1 year of event set-up experience preferred.
- Ability to understand, read and speak English.
- Valid Illinois Drivers’ License required.
- CDL license preferred.
- Knowledge of USDOT and FMSCA requirements helpful.
- Proof of clean driving record required.
- Strong knowledge of safe vehicle usage and Illinois rules of the road required.
- Ability to interpret pull sheets.
- Familiarity with proper packing methods is helpful.
- Ability to hand glass and fragile items safely.
- Good verbal communication skills to communicate successfully with the Logistics team.
- Ability to multitask and deal with competing demands.
- Ability to take direction.
- Customer service orientation; able to maintain a professional demeanor with clients.
- Good knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment that may include: hammer, screwdriver, hand drill, tape measure, dollies, lifts, and 8 foot and 12 foot ladders.
- Must provide own tools.
- Ability to tolerate long work shifts and work flexible schedules to include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel locally, and outside the city and state.