The Upholsterer is responsible for applying fabric and upholstered slip covers to furniture and décor, and assists in checking quality, preparing, repairing, storing, and moving furniture décor for events. The Upholsterer reports to and receives direction from the Furniture Manager.
Traits for Success |#ProRestorer
- Great with hands.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Practical craft skills
- Patient and accurate.
Essential Duties | What You’ll Do – The Fun Stuff
- Upholsters décor and furniture, and repairs décor and furniture as needed.
- Collaborates with team to explore new upholstery designs and methods.
- Cleans, repairs and applies fabric applications and slip covers for furniture and décor.
- Retouches and repairs furniture and minor fabric and vinyl issues according to our quality standards.
- Packs and moves furniture properly and safely for transportation to avoid damage according to company standards.
- Cleans and sweeps work space to ensure workspace is organized, safe and free from obstacles and debris.
- Learns inventory and pull sheets to successfully fill event orders.
Other Duties and Safety Requirements | There’s More!
- Complies with all department and company safety guidelines, procedures, and rules.
- Mentors safe work practices to co-workers and team.
- Completes all safety training as directed and within established timelines.
- Interfaces professionally with all people, internal and external, in a kind and respectful manner.
- Tracks and enters time and assigns hours and tasks to appropriate events and jobs in time and attendance system.
- Completes all Human Resources and Payroll tasks and notifications through the Employee Self Service Online Portal on a weekly basis, as directed and within established timelines.
- Assists in other departments as needed and directed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Qualifications | What You Need to Bring
- 1-3 years upholstery experience.
- Ability to handle and apply fabric and upholstery to furniture and décor neatly and accurately without damaging them.
- Ability to understand, read and speak simple English.
- Good verbal communication skills to communicate successfully company wide.
- Familiarity with proper packing and moving methods is helpful.
- Must be able to properly use and maintain the following tools for use during the work day: hammers, pliers, upholstery tools, needles, electric and hand-held staplers, scissors, irons and sewing machines.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include evenings and weekends.
Physical and Work Environment Requirements | What it is Like in the Shop
- Ability to stand, kneel, crouch, bend and reach during entire work shift.
- Able to walk 75% of the work shift.
- Ability to work with hands and arms during entire shift.
- Must be able to move and climb ladders without accommodation.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull 50 lbs. throughout the shift.
- Ability to handle fragile items safely.
- Must have 20/20 vision with correction.
- Must be able to tolerate cold, heat and humid conditions.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and chemicals throughout the work shift.
- Ability to tolerate moderate noise.