OPA! With more than 10 years of experience, this Greek-raised graphic designer knows how to have fun and work hard (as the Greeks do)!
Here’s our attempt at 20 Questions in 60 Seconds with Graphics Department Lead, Ashley Arnold-Sedgewick.
1. What three traits define you?
I’m patient, I’m artistic, and I’m witty.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Trust in yourself—everything else will take its place.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Wes, and my two puppies Sushi and Shadow!
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Loss of a family member. Several family members.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
A good cozy sweater, candles, and chin kisses.
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
The dog park.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Fine dining with Wes, and friends and family.
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
Costa Rica. Pura vida!
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I was a hair model. It’s very weird when people take photos from the back of your head.
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Someone who’s cool, calm, and collected under pressure, someone you respect, and someone who sets a good example.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
People, and art, and design.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
The camera phone.
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
The colorful characters I work with, the talent, and seeing designs from start to finish.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Graphics Ashley, thanks, babe and I don’t know where Pedro is. Still don’t know where he is…like, right now.
17. How do you define success?
Reward, recognition, and respect.
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
Velveteen Rabbit. Still my favorite.
19. Why events? There are so many great careers out there!
Because it allows me to expand my potential with creativity, it’s wonderful to see people’s expression, it’s a very rewarding position, dot dot dot…
20. What excites you most at Kehoe Designs?
Wait, I gotta think about that one. Yes! The people, the atmosphere, the design-doing…I don’t know, I just love the Kehoe fam!
Ashley spent her youth in various cities, before graduating from Columbia College Chicago to launch her career as a graphic designer. She uses art and design as a powerful medium to draw mental strength and believes there is nothing more exhilarating than being proud of who you’ve become. After a busy day at Kehoe Designs, Ashley loves nothing more than coming home to her husband and two fur babies!