Meet the personalities behind Kehoe Designs in our Friday Feature: “20 Questions in 60 Seconds.” As resident Queen of the Chicago Cuisine Scene, she’s our lively go-to for the latest city secrets. Meet Event Producer, Sophia Lin Kanno!
1. What three traits define you?
Sassy, risk-taking and encouraging.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
“Work hard and play harder.”
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Leaving in the middle of my sophomore year of college and having to go to a new university.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
Spicy buffalo wings.
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to?
Taiwan, where my parents are from.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
Cotton candy machine operator.
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Leading by example and helping people see their true potential.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
That people come every day with a passion, and it’s not just job — It’s really about an extension of themselves.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
OMG! You know what I’m talkin’ about? Oh, Panda!
17. How do you define success?
Come back failure after failure with lots of enthusiasm.
18. What is the best book you have ever read?
19. Why events? There are so many careers out there. Why this one?
It’s the best of all worlds. It’s a little finance, it’s a little investment, a little creativity, a little marketing — and it all collides into one. And you also get to take that and make a big difference in other people’s lives.
20. What excites you the most at Kehoe Designs?
The endless possibilities!
Fearless and spirited, Sophia lives design, loves food, and dreams art. Whether it’s global brands, premier sports, or couture living, she’s vivaciously driven and forever inspired by purposeful design.