Carlos’s innate passion for learning has given him hands-on experience across the different departments at Kehoe Designs. Today, he utilizes his financial know-how as our amazing Accounting Specialist.
When he’s not using his economics degree at work, the Dominican University graduate can be found absorbing audiobooks, playing sports, and gambling. We’d bet on him any day!
Here are 20 Questions in 60 Seconds with Specialist, Carlos Escontrias!
1. What three traits define you?
Responsible, adventurous, and risk-taking.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Education and action are key.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Learning to save money.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
Behind the wheel on an empty highway.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
New Orleans for the Mardi Gras parade.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I’ve never had a weird job.
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
The idea of wealth-creation.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
“What?” “okay” and… “yes.”
17. How do you define success?
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
Outwitting the Devil by Napoleon Hill.
19. Why events? There are so many great careers out there!
You gotta go with what life throws at you!
20. What excites you most at Kehoe Designs?
The venue transformation.
Fun facts about Carlos—He is a skydiving aficionado and bought his first car just to see Eminem in Detroit!