From theatre design and production to massive corporate blow-outs, Adam knows technical production down to its high-powered core!
Hired to start our lighting design department, he has since expanded both our team and our capabilities, putting his technical stamp on every Kehoe Designs’ event.
Here’s your weekly dose of 20 Questions in 60 Seconds with Event Technology Manager – Technical Producer, Adam McCarthy!
1. What three traits define you?
Dad jokes and being good at math.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Always push the limits.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Pen and paper.
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Installing pyro under high voltage power lines.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
Mmm…a nicely focused stage wash.
6. What is your greatest fear?
Someone in the audience not being able to hear.
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
Front of house.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
This one, but in a good way.
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
A mix of Chris Traeger and President Business.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
Being able to do a big-picture design using both analog and digital elements.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
“Awesome,” “Have we thought about, this?” and “Is it in the budget?”
17. How do you define success?
High-fives from the crew and the client at the end of the day.
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
Hm, I don’t know! What’s your favorite book, Scott?
“I like Dandelion Wine.” (Scott ‘The Voice” behind 20 Questions in 60 Seconds’)
19. Adam, why events? There are so many great careers out there!
It’s always fresh, always exciting.
20. What excites you most at Kehoe Designs?
Our fresh approach to technical production.
Fun Note: Behind Adam in the video is a versatile, modular LED screen consisting of 270 sq. feet of individual tiles. Placed together or deconstructed, the tiles can be used as an eye-catching focal, behind a bar, as a room divider and even suspended from the ceiling!
The coolest part? No matter where the tiles are, they can play seamlessly synchronized atmospheric, realistic, and abstract content that’ll keep your guests impressed all night long!
Behind the creative force of Kehoe Designs, there are artisans, craftsmen, and visionaries who create one-of-a-kind, memorable experiences for you and your guests.
To begin your journey in the passion-filled world of event design & décor, contact us or call us for an appointment at 312.421.0030!
Connect With Us @KehoeDesigns