Ten years ago, this handsome devil saw a billboard that read “Do your kids draw you with or without a tie?”
Ambitious and charming, he rocks the tie! His daughter always sketches him with a tie and with his signature styled hair—going the extra mile, just like her father!
Here’s our attempt at 20 Questions in 60 Seconds with Event Assistant, Héctor Abonce!
1. What three traits define you?
Charismatic, determined, and caring.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
To treat others the way I would like to be treated.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Coming to the U.S. You guys speak English here.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
Heights. Can’t do it.
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
To play soccer!
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I was a plumber once.
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
To be respected—not feared.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
My 10-year daughter, Mia.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
All the people that work during an event.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
I’ll say the chameleon. I can’t change color, though.
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Yeah, cool, and whoa.
17. How do you define success?
To be able to work in what you love.
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
For Whom the Bell Tolls.
19. Why events? There are so many great careers out there!
There’s something different every day.
20. What excites you most at Kehoe Designs?
That moment where the client walks in and they see all the décor we’ve done. That’s priceless!
This Event Assistant’s fierce spirit and team-player mindset are evident on AND off the soccer field! Born and raised in Mexico, Héctor moved to Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood at 12 and started with Kehoe Designs at the age of nineteen. Forward 10-years, this chameleon has seen almost every department up close and personal!