Helios’ triathlon training has developed values that impress the gym AND the workplace. It is his commitment that gives Helios ‘the edge’ to be a great leader and inspire the people around him.
This week it is our pleasure to introduce, Assistant Manager, Helios Diaz in our attempt at 20 Questions in 60 Seconds!
1. What three traits define you?
Determined, funny, and compassionate.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Learn by doing.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
My loved ones and my furry baby, Zoe.
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
By far my first triathlon, the Ironman Race. Here’s the proof that I actually finished! *Holds up medal* 144.6 miles is not easy.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
The beach—sun, a nice breeze, a cocktail in my hand…what else can I ask for?!
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Going to concerts.
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
Key West, Florida.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I don’t think I’ve had a weird job, yet. Waiting tables at Red Lobster in my college years is as weird as it gets!
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Lead by example.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
That’s an easy one—the internet! Social media, am I right?
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
Working with very talented and creative people.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
Kangaroos! Aren’t they cool?
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Are you there yet? Is the client looking for you? and YESSS!
17. How do you define success?
Achieving your goals.
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. That’s a classic!
19. Why events? There are so many great careers out there!
Why not? It’s fun, faced-paced so you’re always doing something new, and the people here are pretty rad.
20. What excites you most about Kehoe Designs?
Definitely going on-site, because you get to see the Kehoe Designs magic happen first-hand.
Connect with Helios Diaz!
Moving from Mexico City to the Windy City at 15, Helios went on to study aviation administration and international business before joining Kehoe Designs seven years ago. When he’s not training for triathlons, you might catch him playing Picasso at a wine + paint class or exploring the city with his backpack-loving Yorkie, Zoe!