This is it, folks! The finale of our beloved 20 Questions series is here, and closing us out is the boss man himself!
From his floral shop roots to becoming a renowned industry tastemaker, Kehoe Designs founder Tom Kehoe has always been an unstoppable force of creative energy. His passion for customized event experiences pushes the boundaries and inspires our entire team!
Without further ado…Meet, Tom Kehoe!
1. What three traits define you?
Energy, passion, and humor.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Push yourself to be the best that you can be, and encourage others to be the best that they can be. You’ve gotta be here to make a difference.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
My sister, Nancy.
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your lifetime?
The loss of my mom.
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
A hot Latin!
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
In nature, surrounded by greenery.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Go shopping—for everything!
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
Machu Pichu—amazing, unbelievable, spiritual.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve had?
When I was 12, I spray painted addresses onto curbs. I was ringing doorbells and saying, “Hi, can I paint your address on the curb for $2.00?” That was crazy, but fun. I loved it!
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
It means empowering others, don’t be a perfectionist, and allowing for mistakes.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
Seeing people grow and expand their horizons, and learning something new that came naturally.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
The electric car—love it! Best thing. I hate going to a gas station.
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
Our family environment. Seeing the passion that people have for their work and the love and respect that they have for each other.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
The horse, of course!
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Awesome. What the f*ck? Let’s do this.
17. How do you define success?
Success is defined within each of us. It’s an inner feeling and something you know. You can’t measure success by money or things. It’s all within.
18. What is the best book you’ve ever read?
Four Seasons by Isadore Sharp. He’s an amazing man.
19. Why events? There are so many great careers out there!
We have the ability to create amazing environments that create a lifetime memory for our clients. And then we get to do it over, and over! That’s so cool.
20. What excites you most here at Kehoe Designs?
Our team, the passion, the fast pace, and the constant change.
Thriving when pushing the limits, and energized by the power of creating an experience that exceeds an event challenge, Tom loves to laugh and maintains a sense of humor under pressure.