Life is a coffee-fueled marathon, and nobody knows that better than this graphic beardly designer!
Here is this week’s attempt at 20 Questions in 60 Seconds with Graphic Designer, Ryan Madarik!
1. What three traits define you?
I’m active, I’m ambitious, and I’m beardly!
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Work hard, stay humble, and enjoy yourself.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Coffee AND music. I gotta go with two!
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Running a marathon.
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
6. What is your greatest fear?
Not living up to my potential.
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
Anywhere on the California coast.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Go traveling to new places with my wife, Nina.
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
San Diego, California—it’s where I got married.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
I worked on a golf course, and I drove a giant machine that picked up the golf balls. I was the guy that everyone tried to hit.
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
It means being respected and not feared. Being tough but fair.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
Nina, my family, and my pet tortoise, Bailey.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
The collaboration among talented and hardworking people.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
The buffalo—and I got that off a Buzzfeed quiz, you know it’s gotta be true!
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Sweet, Yo, and let me know what you think!
17. How do you define success?
The respect and admiration from your coworkers.
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
The autobiography of pro wrestler Bret “The Hitman” Hart.
19. Why events?
It’s where the action’s at!
20. What excites you most at Kehoe Designs?
Being able to work on events that inspire creative freedom.
Follow Ryan Madarik!
A Chicagoland native, Ryan’s passion for graphic design started at an early age when he studied and re-created professional sports team logos. After earning his Bachelor’s from Columbia College Chicago, Ryan designed print stationery for 8 years before joining Kehoe Designs. When he’s not creating incredible large-scale graphics, you’ll probably find him searching far and wide for new coffee shops!