For over 20 years Timot has produced exquisite events that both embrace and amplify his clients’ ethos and signature style. A former resident of New York City and Nashville, Timot moved to Chicago in 2011 to join the Kehoe Design team as a Senior Event Producer where his creative talents are exercised through every facet of event design.
This week meet Senior Event Producer, Timot McGonagle, attempting to achieve 20 Questions in 60 Seconds!
1. What three traits define you?
Innovative, energetic, creative.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Live with passion.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome?
Oh, pick a decade!
5. What is the one thing you can’t resist?
Crispy pommes frites dipped in garlic aoli.
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
Somewhere new, by the ocean.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled?
Sydney, Australia. I was still a charity volunteer at the time, and I met all the international event industry people. It was fantastic.
10. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
At 14, I worked at my best friend’s parent’s hardware and toy store, and I sold everything from Barbie dolls to riding mowers!
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Living with integrity. Living by example. Helping people. Mentoring.
12. What inspires you most in your day-to-day life?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed?
The cell phone.
14. What do you enjoy most working at Kehoe Designs?
It’s fantastic. You can create anything, and you have the people there to support you to help make it happen.
15. What’s your inner spirit animal?
Crow: I’m adaptable, I’m omnivorous, and I love bright, shiny objects!
16. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Um, cool, um again!
17. How do you define success?
Living by example. Living with integrity. Again, helping others.
18. What is the best book you’ve read?
Anne Rice’s first two books in the vampire trilogy: Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat.
19. Why events? There are so many great careers out there!
Well, for me, it’s like performance art where the guests are the actors. We have the example to set for them, and to create new and exciting experiences.
20. What excites you most about Kehoe Designs?
My friends, my clients, my coworkers alike. It’s just a great environment, and I love the event process from beginning to end.
Connect with Timot McGonagle!
Senior Event Producer
Provides twenty years of experience in production and design, Timot is proud to create a sense of anticipation, innovation, and wonder.